Globalization Partners, America’s 6th fastest growing private company and Ivy Exec’s “Top Women-lead company to work for,” have a few roles open for summer interns with the intention that these positions will become full-time roles for the right candidates.
You: MBA student looking for a 3-6 month role in Boston which will serve as training for a future permanent role.
Compensation: paid at normal rates for trainees. Housing & travel costs are not paid.
Initial assignment: (3-6 months) Boston
Future assignment, if this becomes a full-time role, will be in your home country after training in our Boston office for 3-6 months.
Requires legal right to work in one of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
Also requires legal right to work on an interim basis in Boston (we cannot sponsor visas).
As a Global Client Services Associate in a fast-growing company, you will have responsibility for supporting our clients as we onboard professionals in more than 150 countries.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail, and great personal skills. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. Finally, we need experienced strong client service professionals with the creative thinking to roll with the punches on a fast-growing company while meeting the needs of our clients and continuing to make them love us.
This is a key role in our organization and an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business. Individuals joining at the Associate level will have the opportunity to learn the industry with a strong potential to move up through the ranks of the client services team.
Location: Boston, MA (temporarily)
Job Duties include:
- Managing clients as they expand into 150+ countries around the globe
- Managing client services calls
- Issuing agendas in advance of client and partners calls and following up after clients calls with notes from meetings
- Maintaining GoGlobal, the Globalization Partners’ database of Global Professionals, Clients and other information
- Maintain meticulous client records in our online portal
- Preparing first draft of employment contracts based on a template
- Prepare engagement addendums by country and by professionals
- Respond to client queries and learn to advise on benefits, international payroll queries and other client matters that invariably arise for clients hiring internationally, or ensure that queries are responded to by other members of the team when appropriate
- Ability to handle a fast work pace
- Manage client relationships in conjunction with more senior members of the client services team
- Handle ongoing matters with existing clients by pulling in appropriate members of the team to resolve client queries
- Negotiating with potential new clients and existing clients expanding into new countries.
- Managing team supporting your client portfolio to ensure rigorous documentation management
- Strive to master the Associate level role and pick up as much work as possible from more senior members of the team, with the intention of training for more advanced positions within the firm
Skill Set Required:
- BS/BA Degree or higher in International Business, Accounting, law, HR, Finance, or other depending on other experience
- Fluent English language; necessary to speak at least one other language fluently
- Accounting/finance experience- must be comfortable in excel sufficiently enough to consider yourself proficient with numbers
- Experience interacting with people internationally
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience liaising with and coordinating multiple team members to drive toward a goal
- Account management experience and Customer Service oriented, highly professional and a great attitude
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail, yet also see “the big picture”
- Experience working with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company
- Be willing to be flexible
- Highly Reliable
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Committed to great work
- Great professional work references
To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org