Location: Boston, MA
Seeking a strong VP Finance with significant international experience, who loves start-up life, is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the tactical details but also has the vision to potentially play a role on the management team.
- Manage a million moving parts for an international company with operations around the globe
- Deal with foreign exchange, consolidation, direct and coordinate company’s financial planning functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Manage the technology piece of our business by tying tech to forecasting as we delve into analysis of the pipeline turning into sales and providing ongoing support of our clients
- Lead development of the annual operating budget, long-term strategic plan as well as monthly and quarterly deliverables and forecasts
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information of our complex international tax structure
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required international federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Managing cash flow.
- Interacting with investors and board of directors.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team
- Advise CEO and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, and cash flow
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Work with department managers to develop two year business plans
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Represent the company externally to auditors and the general public
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance team
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
We are creating this company together as a team, so it is incredibly important that we have the best and brightest people all working together towards our common goals. In order to be successful in our culture, we look for the following attributes:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- A LOT of international experience and knowledge, including tax, finance, accounting & HR
- A strategic mindset combined with a tactical, get sh!t done approach to doing business
- Start-up experience and mindset
- The ability to make decisions based on information that is “good enough” without getting stuck in the weeds.
- Knowledge of international, federal and state financial regulations
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance initiatives
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Fantastic leadership skills. I love my team and won’t hire anyone who isn’t amazing on a personal as well as professional level.
To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org