As a Staff Accountant in a fast-growing company, you will an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping.
Location: Boston, MA
- Assist the Controller with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Finance Department
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, both internal and external, by gathering and analyzing information from departments and general ledger system
- Perform processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Review and process expense reports and receipts
- Assist Senior Accountant with payroll system and payroll related items
- Protect company’s integrity by keeping firm and client information confidential
We are creating this company together as a team, so it is incredibly important that we have the best and brightest people all working together towards our common goals. In order to be successful in our culture, we look for the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting;
- 4-6 years of accounting experience;
- Current or previous experience working with a start-up and loves a fast-paced environment;
- Current or previous experience with intercompany accounting;
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and organizational skills are required. The ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects and be able to identify and work with details and ensure follow-up and completion, is a must in our fast paced environment;
- Outstanding written, verbal and listening skills are required. The ability to understand what is communicated orally and an urgency to resolve issues quickly and appropriately is a must;
- Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust and understanding with others;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Some experience with ERP systems, or web-based portal applications (e.g. SharePoint), is preferred;
- Prioritize multiple tasks, ensure quality and completion, and meet established deadlines;
- Pays meticulous attention to detail yet also sees *the big picture*;
- Highly reliable & responsive;
- Committed to great work.