Job ID # 2019-03-013
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables companies to hire in more than 150 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly foreign subsidiaries. Our clients identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll – lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal and HR matters from our shoulders to yours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
Globalization Partners: we make global expansion fast and easy. We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
Globalization Partners is looking for In House International Employment Counsel to join our dynamic legal team. The In House International Employment Counsel will report to the General Counsel and will work closely with Deputy General Counsel and Associate General Counsel on global employment matters.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual to get involved in a broad range employment law matters across Latin American markets.
Location: The position is based in Mexico City, Mexico
Our team is our strongest asset, do you want to be part of it? Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic advice and collaboration regarding employment law decisions to the business units and the LATAM Human Resource Managers.
- Advising generally in relation to individual and collective non-contentious employment issues and ensuring good practice legal compliance.
- Conducting legal research to ensure we are providing our innovative employer services in accordance with best practices in the locations where we conduct our business.
- Compensation and benefits expertise to include regulatory provision compliance.
- Developing and implementing internal practices and policies to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws and regulations at the local, national, and international levels.
- Owning, developing, leading, and delivering in-house training sessions to the internal team.
- Managing litigation by instructing and liaising with outside counsel and business units and ensuring appropriate reporting.
- Forging strong relationships with internal clients and external counsel.
- Assisting with the company’s global data privacy and data protection efforts.
- Working closely with the Global Operations Team.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following core skills and experience:
- Qualified to practice law in Mexico or another jurisdiction in the LATAM region with at least 5 years of experience in a wide range of employment law issues. Prior in house experience with a US headquartered company is an advantage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Ability to speak Portuguese is a strong advantage.
- Excellent drafting skills, with expertise and experience of drafting and negotiating termination agreements.
- Solid experience of a broad range of national and international employment law matters including but not limited to reorganization and employee consultation.
- Experience working with multinational employers on international employment law issues and advising global clients on local employment issues either in an in house or law firm environment is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a geographically dispersed team.
- You will also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Excellent relationship management and people skills. Able to form and maintain strong working relationships internationally within the legal team and with the business units.
- Ability to provide clear guidance on complex and sensitive issues with an appropriate sense of commercial risk.
- Strategic thinker with good business understanding and excellent analytical skills with due attention to detail.
- Able to think on feet, multitask, and prioritize.
- Possess superior interpersonal and client-management skills.
- Ability to respond to business issues with workable solutions often under critical time pressure.
- Enthusiasm to get involved in new areas of law/jurisdictions.