Job ID # 2019-03-037
Location: Mexico City
Globalization Partners is changing the way companies expand overseas and manage their global workforce. Our privacy-by-design platform is the first Global Employer of Record technology of its kind and was built to meet the complex needs of companies expanding their business into new markets around the world. We are the market leader in a growing industry and have innovation at our core. We have been ranked the #6 fastest growing company in America (Inc.-2016), and the #1 fastest growing company in Massachusetts (BBJ – 2017). If you are looking for a great organization with a nationally recognized culture where you can make an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you about joining our Dream Team!
We are experts in helping companies meet the challenges of global expansion and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
Globalization Partners is undergoing tremendous growth and is looking to build a new software quality assurance team as part of significantly expanding the engineering team. As a manager on this team, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a high-performance team of automated and manual test engineers, and leading all aspects of testing cloud-based software products in an Agile environment.
The right person will have expert-level skills developing automated tests, and have a strong interest in working as an active quality assurance engineer while also developing and improving testing processes. This is an incredible opportunity to join at an early stage and help define the composition and culture of the team.
- Lead a team of automated and manual software test engineers and provide day-to-day technical guidance to team members on all QA activities.
- Hire top talent on the QA team and drive a high-performance collaborative culture.
- Define and execute QA procedures for rapid iterative testing of existing product features and new enhancements.
- Define and drive quality engineering strategy and initiatives in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation, and system testing.
- Develop, plan, and execute test plans, both automated and manual.
- Provide strong oversight of test plan execution.
- Establish metrics-based reports to provide a 360-degree view of product quality.
- Proactively engage in sprint and release planning to ensure that QA requirements are included and that the QA team’s workload is sustainable.
- Analyze defects and root causes to identify defect patterns and improve engineering.
- Help troubleshoot and manage critical customer issues in production.
- Assist with deployment of quality software in the cloud.
- Build a test-driven engineering culture that drives continuous improvements in quality.
- Champion quality company-wide.
- Mentor and motivate team members to ensure high morale and help them achieve their career goals.
- Occasionally perform duties outside of non-business hours as needed.
- 7+ years’ experience in automated Quality Assurance on cloud-based software products with extensive web UI and complex application logic.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical manager on QA teams.
- Strong track record of building and managing high-performance teams.
- Solid understanding of QA process and automated testing of cloud platforms, web applications, and REST APIs.
- Experience with performance and load testing using JMeter or similar tools.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL. Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Github, Tomcat.
- Experience with CI/CD design and implementation.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Strong technical aptitude and high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of how to communicate quality metrics during a release cycle.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.