As the Director of Communications, you’ll craft the Globalization Partners story and make sure our brand is known far and wide. You will ensure our messaging captures the core of what sets us apart enables our whole company to tell our story effectively and consistently. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and be able to work cross-functionally across branded content, public relations, SEO, UI/UX, product content and thought leadership to expand our marketing efforts.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Marketing, this role is critical for elevating and expanding awareness of the category-defining Globalization Partners message in a competitive, fast-changing market. In this role, you’ll guard the standard for quality through editing and writing content. You won’t just think about the content in front of you, but the messages that came before and after to support the creation of compelling end-to-end content experiences. This person must have excellent written communication skills and an eye for creating meaningful yet engaging content.
To apply for this role, please visit https://v3.rivs.com/65-72-50/ to answer a few initial interview questions via video.
What you’ll do:
- Drive our communications strategy to align with our brand framework and ensure we deliver the right message to the right person at the right time at each point in the customer/partner lifecycle, across all our programs and touchpoints.
- Make our brand communications come alive and reach its full potential as the clear market leader.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the business
- Research, write and edit various levels of content (web, email, video, social, paid media, blog posts, guest posts, newsletters, press briefs).
- Conceptualize and brainstorm ideas and strategies for new content and campaigns
- Create and execute the editorial calendar across every customer touch point
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Have 8+ years of brand and marketing communications experience.
- A bold leader, willing to push the envelope and collaborate with stakeholders to bring them along for the ride. You’ve also managed a complex mix of internal and agency resources to get stuff done on time and on budget.
- Be a great storyteller. You have the empathy to understand the customer, the ability to find and understand what the data is telling you, and the creativity to take that and tell stories that make an impact.
- Love language and know how to use it to express both the practical and the emotional. Be able to go beyond personal style preferences to do what resonates best with the audience.
- Experience in creating corporate communications strategies, aligned with company and marketing goals.
- Develop company’s external “newsworthy” message, creating new levels of awareness about Globalization Partner’s category-creating innovations, industry-leading success and accelerating company growth to top-tier press, influencers and markets.
- Know how to “just figure things out” and invent whatever idea or approach could accomplish our objectives.
- Be kind, adaptable, and intellectually curious.
- Poise, confidence, and an unflappable attitude.
Other Attributes We Are Looking For:
- Strong writing skills.
- Spot a typo from a mile away and take the initiative to fix it.
- Willingness to take on any task — big or small.
- Thoughtful, concise and persuasive communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different work styles and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed.
- Multitasking skills, particularly to prioritize and manage assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to remain organized and push projects forward without much oversight