This Privacy Statement explains how and why Globalization Partners, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Globalization Partners”, “we” or “us”) collect, use, store, and disclose Personal Data from individuals who interact with us (“you”). These interactions include when you use our websites; when you request us to provide a proposal or to connect with you; when you contact us; when you register or attend any Globalization Partners event, webinar, trade show, sales, or marketing activities; download an e-book, report, or other digital materials; apply for a job; reply to a Globalization Partners survey; and/or if you use the Globalization Partners platform or any of our services (collectively the “Services”) in any manner.
Information We Collect
In the course of using Globalization Partners’ Services, you may provide us with personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and information about your use of the Services that may be connected with you (“Personal Information” or “Personal Data”).
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our website or applications
- Request quotes, services, support, whitepapers, or information
- Place orders for services or register for events or webinars
- Create and manage an account
- Apply for a job
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities online or in any other venue
- Provide a testimonial
- Subscribe to newsletters, Globalization Partners programs, marketing emails, or other materials
- Contact us
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs, and passwords. It may also include work information such as job title and other business or company information, including, but not limited to, State and Country of company residence, occupation, industry, and/or any other information needed to provide a proposal you request.
We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
When visiting the careers page of our website or in any third party source, we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application, such as: business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Globalization Partners, information collected through one source may be combined with information Globalization Partners obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our website. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties to create customized profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences, and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below.
Information We Automatically Collect
Information from Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: page-view information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability, to provide relevant marketing Services to you, and to help prevent and detect fraud.
In some cases, another user (such as an administrator) may create an account on your behalf and may provide your information, including Personal Information (most commonly when your company requests that you use our Services). We collect Personal Information under the direction of our Customers and often have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. If you are an employee of one of our Customers and would no longer like us to process your information, please contact your employer and us at the contact information below.
How We Use Personal Information
Globalization Partners may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the Services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- Send communications to you, including information about your transaction status, notifications about order confirmations, specific Globalization Partners solutions and services, events, promotional offers, and surveys.
- Facilitate your use of our website, online Globalization Partners chat forums, including Globalization Partners blogs, podcasts, resources, and webinars.
- Offer Live Chat assistance to respond to your online inquiries.
- Facilitate communications from Globalization Partners’ Business partners.
- Facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, communicating with the job candidate, and monitoring recruitment statistics. For more details you may consult our Candidate Privacy Notice.
- Customize, analyze, and improve our Services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you.
- Better understand our customers and online users based on interests and interactions with our site.
- Personalize content and implement your preferences.
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms, and separate contracts (if applicable) with you.
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of our website, our businesses, and our Services; and/or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Legal Basis of Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- To comply with a contractual obligation. We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with Globalization Partners’ legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation, and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Globalization Partners’ legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant Services, and/or the carrying out of marketing activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, Globalization Partners’ retention policies, and the applicable legislation or regulations.
Globalization Partners may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within the Globalization Partners group and/or to its partners if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which Globalization Partners or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or partners conduct business. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements such as the Standard Contractual Clauses (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with Globalization Partners subsidiaries or partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries) more responsive to your needs. We may also use and/or share your Personal Information with third party vendors under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide products and services on our behalf. These products and services may include our website hosting company, cloud computing infrastructure providers, or other technology providers.
Our subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or partners may contact you with information about Globalization Partners and Globalization Partners Services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Globalization Partners subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by Globalization Partners.
In addition, Globalization Partners may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to integrators, and some sales agents and channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing, or providing support for Globalization Partners products and services.
We may further disclose your personal information as required by law such to comply with a subpoena or other legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others or investigate fraud.
In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our website, we may analyze anonymous and aggregate information in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the website, and/or related products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services and other products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent.
In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, sale of all or a portion of its assets, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as of any choices you may have regarding your personal information in the event of such a change.
How We Protect Your Information
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk and to protect the data supplied by you and managed by us against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and against other forms of unlawful or abusive treatment. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring Personal Information
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services
- Limiting physical access to our premises
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you
- Ensuring that we and our partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information
However, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be secure 100% of the time. In particular, email sent to us may not be secure, and as such, you should take care in deciding what information you send to us via email. We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Globalization Partners asking for your personal information. Globalization Partners will not request your ID or password through email.
Your EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Your Marketing Choices
We may use the email address you provide to deliver Globalization Partners’ email newsletters, as well as for other promotional purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails we send you, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you send an email to us, or fill out our “Contact Us” or “Request Info” forms, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide.
You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in promotional emails you receive or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an unsubscribe request. Please note, however, that you are not permitted to opt out of receiving transactional emails related to any Services that you have with us.
Globalization Partners uses “cookies” (small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes) and similar technologies. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track pages visited. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit the website.
You can manage the cookies and customize your experience on this website. Please visit Globalization Partners’ manage cookies banner on our website. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Globalization Partners websites and services that depend on cookies.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Globalization Partners does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. Children under 16 years old are not the target audience for our website. If you are under 16, please do not give us any Personal Information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Site.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at the address below.
In addition, Globalization Partners does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Globalization Partners reserves the right to change, modify, or update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our privacy practices. Notice of any material changes to our privacy practices will posted to this website before such material changes become effective. You are advised to visit this page regularly for the latest information on our privacy practices. Use of information we collect is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is collected.
How Can You Exercise Your Rights?
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact our Global Data Privacy Office at: email@example.com, or at:
Globalization Partners, LLC.
Global Data Privacy Office
175 Federal Street, 17th Floor,
Boston, MA 02110 USA
Fax: +1 (888) 856-0702