Job ID #: 2019-03-059
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables you to hire in more than 170 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly international subsidiaries. You identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll—lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal, and HR matters from your shoulders to ours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
About the position:
As a Human Resources Specialist in a fast-growing company, you will have responsibility for supporting professionals we engage on behalf of our clients in Canada, and throughout the North America region, and assisting in the management of the back-end HR, accounting, and legal service providers that support the infrastructure of our international entities.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. Finally, we need experienced strong human resources professionals with the creative thinking to roll with the punches in a fast-growing company while meeting the needs of our clients and continuing to make them love us.
This is a key role in our organization and an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
To apply for this role, please visit https://v3.rivs.com/52-45-69/ to complete an initial video interview.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Job Duties include:
- Support the full onboarding process of new hires in Canada, and throughout North America region, including drafting locally compliant employment contracts, payroll setup, benefit and pension enrollments as required
- Provide senior level support to our clients by negotiating employment contracts and on-boarding employees in Canada
- Handle terminations, both straightforward and more complex situations, including attending calls and/or in-person meetings as the company’s local representative where required.
- Manage transfers of employees under TUPE regulations or local country equivalent
- Coordinate with local payroll providers, benefits brokers, HR advisors and other partners
- Respond to client queries and advise on benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and other HR matters that invariably arise for clients hiring internationally
- Draft employment policies and procedures
- Conduct HR investigations and make recommendations based on such investigations
- Serve as our regional expert for all human resources functions in Canada
- Manage client relationships in conjunction with members of the client services team
- Handle ongoing matters with existing clients by pulling in appropriate members of the team to resolve client queries
- Negotiating with potential new clients and existing clients expanding Canada
- Work with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Maintain GoGlobal, the Globalization Partners’ database of Global Professionals, Clients and other information with meticulous detail
- Manage employee relations, vendor relations
Skill Set Required:
- BS/BA Degree or higher in Human Resources, International Business, Accounting, Law, or other depending on experience
- 5-10 years Human Resources experience
- English and French language skills required, fluency in additional languages highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian (Provincial) employment standards, labor laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Payroll experience a plus
- Account management experience and Customer Service oriented, highly professional and a great attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours across time zones, as required for international busines
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- Experience liaising with and coordinating with multiple team members to drive toward a goal
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail, yet also see “the big picture”
- Experience working with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company
- Highly reliable and organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while providing a consistently high level of quality
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, on an as needed basis
- Great professional work references