Globalization Partners is seeking a hands-on Software Quality Assurance Lead with a proven track record of success leading all aspects of testing of cloud-based software products. The right person will have expert-level skills developing automated tests, and have a strong interest in working as an active quality assurance engineer while also developing and improving testing processes.
- Develop, plan, and execute test plans, both automated and manual.
- Lead the team to define and execute QA procedures for rapid iterative testing of existing product features and new enhancements.
- Define and drive quality engineering strategy and initiatives in all aspects of testing: unit, integration, functional, regression, load/performance, automation, and system testing.
- Provide strong oversight of test plan execution.
- Establish metrics-based reports to provide a 360-degree view of product quality.
- Proactively engage in sprint and release planning to ensure that QA requirements are included and that the QA team’s workload is sustainable.
- Analyze defects and root causes to identify defect patterns and improve engineering.
- Help troubleshoot and manage critical customer issues in production.
- Assist with deployment of quality software in the cloud.
- Build a test-driven engineering culture that drives continuous improvements in quality.
- Champion quality company-wide.
- Occasionally perform duties outside of non-business hours as needed.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong technical aptitude and high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of how to communicate quality metrics during a release cycle.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- 10+ years’ experience in automated Quality Assurance on cloud-based software products with extensive web UI and complex application logic.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical lead on QA teams.
- Solid understanding of QA process and automated testing of cloud platforms, web applications, and REST APIs.
- Experience with performance and load testing using JMeter or similar tools.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL. Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Github, Tomcat.
- Experience with CI/CD design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.