Togo Work Visas and Permits
Togo is known for its beautiful beaches and villages as well as its traditional settlements dating back to the 17th century. If you’re planning to expand to the country, you’ll need to know how to get a Togo work visa for every employee. While Togo does make it easier with visas on arrival, you’ll still need to ensure that all of your employees are compliant to avoid fines and delays.
When you work with Globalization Partners, you can take advantage of a fast and easy expansion. We’ll use our existing infrastructure in Togo to run your payroll, hire talented employees, and provide compensation and benefits. You’ll only need to worry about running your business.
Available Work Visas in Togo
Nationals from certain countries, including Benin, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, and Senegal, do not need a visa to enter Togo. Individuals with diplomatic and service passports from China and Morocco do not require a visa. Everyone else must obtain one of the following visa types:
- Tourist visa: Individuals traveling to Togo for tourism, a visit, or other nonbusiness-related purposes should apply for this single- or multiple-entry visa, which is valid for up to 90 days.
- Business visa: Foreigners entering the country for business-related purposes should obtain a single- or multiple-entry business visa for up to 90 days.
- Transit visa: Anyone going through Togo to another destination can apply for a single- or double-entry transit visa.
- Immigration visa: This visa is for foreigners intending to live in Togo long-term.
What Are the Requirements to Obtain a Togo Work Visa?
In most cases, your employees will need an immigration visa, which may have different requirements. However, the most common documents that applicants will need across visa types include:
- A passport valid for at least six months from the end of the stay with two blank pages
- Copies of the employee’s first two passport pages
- A completed visa application form
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Proof of a return flight
- Travel insurance for the duration of the stay
- A yellow fever certificate
Immigration visas require proof of income, such as a bank statement, as well as proof of health insurance and a motivational letter for moving to Togo.
What Steps Do You Need to Take to Apply?
There are two ways to apply for a Togo working visa — on arrival at one of Togo’s ports of entry or at an embassy or consulate in the applicant’s country of residence. Nationals from all countries can get a visa when arriving in Togo, but it’s only valid for seven days with the possibility to renew for up to 90 days. Many travelers who know they want to stay in the country for longer than seven days apply for the visa before they travel, so they don’t need to apply for an extension.
If your employees decide to obtain their visa before arriving, they should look up the specific embassy or consulate where they will apply, as each has a different application process. The steps include:
- Completing the visa application form
- Gathering all the required documents
- Paying the country’s visa fee
- Submitting the required documents and application
- Waiting for the application to get processed, then picking up the visa
The processing time depends on the specific embassy or consulate. However, it typically takes about five to 10 working days from the time the embassy receives the application. We recommend starting the process at least a month in advance, especially for applications by mail.
Other Important Things to Consider About Work Permits in Togo
After obtaining a visa, your employees will also need to get a work permit that will authorize them to work for your company. As the employer and sponsor, you’ll usually arrange for them to get their work permit. If the employee leaves their position, they’ll need a new work permit.
Why Work With a Global PEO?
Our team knows how to expand to Togo and beyond. With our Global Expansion Platform™, you can start working in a day or two while we make sure your employees all have the right Togo working visas and permits. Contact us today for more information about how we can help you save money and time.