Job ID #: 2019-03-083
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables you to hire in more than 170 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly international subsidiaries. You identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll—lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal, and HR matters from your shoulders to ours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
About the Position: We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to develop and maintain our build & release pipelines and dev & production cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in system administration as well as experience with modern CD/CD tools.
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Build and maintain all operational activities related to continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production for web and mobile applications.
- Integrate automated tests, quality metrics, and conditional deployments into the software build process.
- Perform release management activities such as tagging/branching in source control and labeling builds.
- Automate the management of development/test/UAT/staging/production environments, with the ability to spin up additional environments on-demand.
- Ensuring we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, security as code, and use of CI/CD automation at all stages of our SDLC.
- Implement best practices throughout our AWS-hosted infrastructure for scalability and security.
- Perform disaster recovery planning, preparation, and testing.
- Assist development teams with debugging infrastructure and automation issues.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools to enable proactive production support.
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24×7 environment.
- 3+ years experience in DevOps and system administration.
- Experience developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using modern tools such as AWS CodeBuild/CodePipeline, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS services such as CodeBuild, CodePipeline, ECS, EKS, Lambda.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience managing Linux systems.
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience with Apple and Android mobile app stores release processes.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in network, server, and application monitoring using tools such as New Relic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Strong desire to automate manual and repeatable tasks.
- Strong root cause analysis skills, with an analytical and structured approach to testing and troubleshooting.
- Committed to delivering high-quality results within demanding timelines.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- You’re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Well respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- You challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills required.