Job ID # 2019-03-010
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables you to hire in more than 170 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly international subsidiaries. You identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll—lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal, and HR matters from your shoulders to ours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
As a Human Resources Specialist in a fast-growing company, you will have responsibility for supporting professionals we engage on behalf of our clients throughout the Asia region, and assisting in the management of the back-end HR, accounting, and legal service providers that support the infrastructure of our international entities. We’re looking for someone with experience in Japan, and throughout the APAC region.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. Finally, we need experienced strong human resources professionals with the creative thinking to roll with the punches in a fast-growing company while meeting the needs of our clients and continuing to make them love us.
This is a key role in our organization and an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
Interested in interviewing for this position? Follow this link to respond to a few initial interview questions: https://v3.rivs.com/i/HRJapan/
Note: This is a work from home position. This role also requires the ability and availability to travel to Globalization Partners’ Boston headquarters for training, and approximately 2x per year.
Job Duties include:
- Support the onboarding of new hires in the APAC region, including payroll setup and benefit enrollments as required
- Provide senior level support to our clients by negotiating employment contracts and on-boarding employees in various countries in Asia
- Managing local payroll providers, benefits brokers, HR advisors and other partners
- Responding to client queries and advising on benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and other HR matters that invariably arise for clients hiring internationally
- Supporting with terminations and visa applications, to the extent needed
- Serve as our regional expert for all human resources functions related to the APAC region
- Advise clients on market norm benefits
- Manage client relationships in conjunction with members of the client services team
- Handle ongoing matters with existing clients by pulling in appropriate members of the team to resolve client queries
- Negotiating with potential new clients and existing clients expanding
- Work with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Creative thinking, and the ability to negotiate win-win-win solutions for our clients, our team members who work for our clients, and our company
Skill Set Required:
- Japanese language skills are required for this role
- BS/BA Degree or higher in Human Resources, International Business, Accounting, Law, or other depending on experience
- 4-6 years as a Human Resources Manager in personnel and labor relations
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Experience interacting with people internationally
- Willingness to work flexible hours across time zones, as required for international business
- Technical fluency
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- Experience liaising with and coordinating multiple team members to drive toward a goal
- Account management experience and Customer Service oriented, highly professional and a great attitude
- Payroll experience a plus
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail, yet also see “the big picture”
- Experience working with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company
- Creative thinking to solve problems
- Highly reliable and organized
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to great work
- Great professional work references
Please submit all application materials in English.