Job ID # 2019-03-060
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables you to hire in more than 170 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly international subsidiaries. You identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll—lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal, and HR matters from your shoulders to ours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
In order to apply for this role, please complete our initial video interview by visiting: https://v3.rivs.com/11-86-56/
As a Human Resources Specialist in a fast-growing company, you will have responsibility for supporting professionals we engage on behalf of our clients throughout South Korea, and assisting in the management of the back-end HR, accounting, and legal service providers that support the infrastructure of our international entities.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. Finally, we need experienced strong human resources professionals with the creative thinking to roll with the punches in a fast-growing company while meeting the needs of our clients and continuing to make them love us.
This is a key role in our organization and an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Job Duties include:
- Support the onboarding of new hires in South Korea, including payroll setup and benefit enrollments as required
- Provide senior level support to our clients by negotiating employment contracts and on-boarding employees in South Korea
- Handle terminations, both straightforward and more complex situations
- Manage transfers of employees under TUPE regulations or local country equivalent
- Manage local payroll providers, benefits brokers, HR advisers and other partners
- Respond to client queries and advise on benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and other HR matters that invariably arise for clients hiring internationally
- Serve as our regional expert for all human resources functions related to South Korea
- Manage client relationships in conjunction with members of the client services team
- Handle ongoing matters with existing clients by pulling in appropriate members of the team to resolve client queries
- Negotiating with potential new clients and existing clients expanding into South Korea
- Work with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Draft compliant employment contracts
- Maintain GoGlobal, the Globalization Partners’ database of Global Professionals, Clients and other information with meticulous detail.
Skill Set Required:
- BS/BA Degree or higher in Human Resources, International Business, Accounting, Law, or other depending on experience
- 3-7 years Human Resources experience
- Advanced knowledge of local labor laws and regulations throughout South Korea
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with people internationally
- Willingness to work flexible hours across time zones, as required for international business
- Technical fluency
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- Experience liaising with and coordinating with multiple team members to drive toward a goal
- Payroll experience a plus
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail, yet also see “the big picture”
- Experience working with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company
- Highly reliable and organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to great work
- Great professional work references.