Our Global Marketing Team is seeking a Senior Content Editor with a background in business and technology to help implement the company’s vision for its content marketing. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and be able to work cross-functionally across branded content, public relations, SEO, UI/UX, product content and thought leadership to expand our marketing efforts.
In this role, you’ll guard the standard for quality through editing and writing content. You won’t just think about the content in front of you, but the messages that came before and after to support the creation of compelling end-to-end content experiences. This person must have excellent written communication skills and an eye for creating meaningful yet engaging content.
To apply for this role, we invite you to complete a an initial video interview. Please follow this link to move forward with the interview process: https://v3.rivs.com/43-47-32/
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, develop and craft marketing copy/messaging that conveys and strengthens our brand voice.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the business
- Research, write and edit various levels of content (web, email, video, social, paid media, blog posts, guest posts, newsletters, press briefs).
- Conceptualize and brainstorm ideas and strategies for new content and campaigns
- Create and execute the editorial calendar across every customer touch point
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive content audits
- Track deadlines and develop other metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Copy edit and fact-check content — from stories to microsites.
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations is required.
- Minimum five years of professional marketing writing/editing experience required.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Must be creative and handle feedback effectively.
- Persuasive and confident approach to creativity.
- A keen attention to detail and timelines.
- Firm understanding of the AP Style Guide.
- Demonstrated experience in development of B2B content that is clear, concise, and compelling.
- Strong attention to process and detail.
- Exceptional organizational and listening skills.
Other Attributes We Are Looking For:
- Strong writing skills.
- Spot a typo from a mile away and take the initiative to fix it.
- Willingness to take on any task — big or small.
- Thoughtful, concise and persuasive communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different work styles and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed.
- Multitasking skills, particularly to prioritize and manage assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to remain organized and push projects forward without much oversight.