Job ID #: 2019-03-061
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables companies to hire in more than 150 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly foreign subsidiaries. Our clients identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll – lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal and HR matters from our shoulders to yours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
Globalization Partners: we make global expansion fast and easy. We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
Globalization Partners is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Global Operations for the APAC region.
This position reports to the company’s Senior Vice President of Global Operations, and will be based out of our Singapore office.
Globalization Partners was founded with the mission of eliminating barriers to global business, by making it easy to hire employees in more than one hundred and fifty countries around the globe. For companies that want to hire an employee in a new country overseas, and skip the hassle of figuring out local labor laws and registering a full subsidiary before an employee is hired, Globalization Partners offers Outsourced Global Employment, via our Global Employer of Record Platform, whereby we can hire the employee of a Clients’ choice on our locally compliant payroll, and lease the services of the employee 100% back to the client.
To apply for this role, please visit to complete an initial video interview: https://v3.rivs.com/39-93-18/
- Responsible for the management of our team of HR Specialists based throughout the APAC region
- Managing our on-call team of advisors in APAC, specifically, managing our accounting, payroll, benefits brokers and tax advisors.
- Managing smooth implementation of integrated operations practices with key business partners in APAC on behalf of the Globalization Partners team.
- Senior level support of our clients negotiating employment contracts and on-boarding employees in APAC.
- Advising clients on market norm benefits via our local subsidiaries.
- Preparing and reviewing employment contracts and IP documentation between us, our clients and the professionals on our payroll.
- Reviewing and negotiating employment contracts; experience liaising with legal teams
- Coordinating lawyers, accountants, payroll advisors, and benefits brokers for multiple new employees onboarding at any given time.
- Advise and handle TUPE transfers and all associated documentation when transferring clients from partner organizations to our APAC companies.
- Advise on and manage employee terminations.
- Handle all matters of managing employment documentation and adding employees to our international payrolls.
- Act in the capacity of senior advisory to multiple fast-growing companies hiring globally, and managing client accounts.
- Negotiating with potential new clients and existing clients expanding into new countries.
- Manage the Global client payroll projects ensuring adherence to the agreed timescales, deliverables and budgets.
- Successful service delivery – SLA achievement and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with senior management on client account management and growth opportunities.
- Removing all obstacles to customer satisfaction.
- Communicating across organizational departments.
- 3rd party management responsibilities.
- Following up if service delivery is not meeting expectations.
- Working with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities.
- Payroll experience including management, project management and/or related field experience.
- Client facing experience with large multifaceted projects.
- BS/BA Degree or higher in International Business, Accounting, Law, HR, Finance, or other depending on other experience.
- 10+years of prior experience in a multi-tasking, fast-paced, deadline-oriented role.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Proven clear thinker, well organized, and solution oriented.
- Self-starter who is highly analytical, productive and detail oriented.
- Someone who works well with a team and independently.
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of accurate work product.
- Project management skills with ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to apply strong business judgment.
- Finance Skills: you are comfortable in Excel and with finance sufficiently to understand what it means to run a profitable
- P&L for your client portfolio. You are a “numbers person.”
- Pays meticulous attention to detail yet also sees *the big picture*
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and/or groups.
- Problem solving to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Problem solving with data that frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines.
- Working with detailed information/data and frequent interruptions.
- Working with a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
- Ability to manage a role that will change rapidly as our APAC team will grow significantly in coming years.
- Good communication around issues and opportunities – get things done, make things happen.
- Champion and maintain the Company culture with team members and colleagues.
If you are looking for a role that gets you motivated to go to work every day, this is the opportunity for you! This is a key role in our organization and an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
We are a fast growth company so you should be the kind of person who likes a fast-pace, dynamic environment where you may wear more than one hat and get to put your “out of the box” thinking to use and be highly appreciated for it. There is a continual opportunity to have impact on the organization’s services.