Job ID #: 2019-03-160
Globalization Partners is changing the way companies expand overseas and manage their global workforce. Our privacy-by-design platform is the first Global Employer of Record technology of its kind and was built to meet the complex needs of companies expanding their business into new markets around the world. We are the market leader in a growing industry and have innovation at our core. We have been ranked the #6 fastest growing company in America (Inc.-2016), and the #1 fastest growing company in Massachusetts (BBJ – 2017). If you are looking for a great organization with a nationally recognized culture where you can make an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you about joining our Dream Team!
We are experts in helping companies meet the challenges of global expansion and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees, and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
About the position:
We are looking for a Senior Technical Data Architect that will be responsible for defining, articulating, implementing and developing the data architecture strategy to meet the strategic organizational and data analytics goals. This role will involve a broad spectrum of application, information, technical, data and business architectures with an Enterprise focus across a global group of stakeholders. Influence and balance operational and product systems data architecture with the development of strategic data assets and assure alignment across the enterprise when it comes to data practices. Responsible for the enterprise data warehouse/lake and analytics products developed using it and assure assignment with operational/product data stores.
To apply for this role, we invite you to complete an initial video interview. Please follow this link to move forward with the interview process: https://v3.rivs.com/31-11-51/
- Define and implement standards and processes to ensure alignment with the architectural strategy and goals of the business
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure data architecture alignment with key portfolio initiatives based on cost, functionality, and practicality
- Document and articulate relationships between business goals and information technology solutions
- Conduct architecture assessments and reviews to ensure alignment with business goals and strategies
- Develop data models and maintain overall data architecture to foster data quality and timeliness
- Provide in-depth technical architectural support during program/project solution analysis and design to ensure road-map alignment
- Champion data quality and effective use of available information
- Participate in POC evaluations of technologies and tools
- Implement data handling, cleansing, and standardization procedures and business transformation rules and logic (ETL).
- Develop, implement and maintain scripts, functions, stored procedures, and ETL jobs
- Translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use cases
- Rapidly develop/test/iterate analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client and build an end to end analytical solutions
- 7+ years of database focused IT or software development experience with extensive integration experience
- 5+ years of experience implementing complex queries against large data-sets to support business intelligence functions
- 5+ years of full life-cycle data warehousing experience or 5+ years of experience in implementing data integration efforts in large scale projects
- 5+ years of experience with ETL, application and database performance tuning and debugging
- Understanding of Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse concepts, such as ODS vs Data Marts, history preservation approaches, star schema, snowflakes, dimensions, facts, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with modern BI platforms and tools
- Experience with Talend and Tableau a plus
- Experience following Agile development methodologies
- Experience following release management and quality assurance processes
- Strong customer service orientation
- College degree in computer science/computer information systems or equivalent business experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit