Job ID # 2019-03-074
Location: Boston, MA
Globalization Partners is undergoing tremendous growth and is looking to significantly expand the software development team. This is an incredible opportunity to join at an early stage and have a direct impact on defining the culture of the team.
As a hands-on architect on this team, you will be responsible for leading the technical architecture and design of our products. The ideal candidate will combine deep experience as a senior developer and architect with a strong passion for building scalable, reliable, and secure software architectures.
- Lead the architecture and design of cloud-enabled products, weighing both technical and business factors, as well as the trade-offs between immediate needs and a long-term vision for an elegant and maintainable design.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to development team members in an Agile environment.
- Build prototypes to evaluate technical feasibility, as well develop entire features as needed.
- Troubleshoot critical issues that may involve many systems in a distributed architecture.
- Help drive complex technical projects from planning through execution.
- Nurture engineers to think with architecture and design best practices in mind, including aspects such as performance, scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Help implement the engineering department’s strategy and processes.
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- At least 3 years in a technical leadership role across all stacks (front-end and back-end).
- Experience with SaaS architecture in a cloud setting (AWS preferred), leveraging containerization, serverless technologies, event driven architecture, and microservices.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience integrating with external systems. Specific experience integrating with Acumatica and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with BPM modeling tools such as Camunda is a plus.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD design and implementation.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Well respected by peers and acknowledged as a natural leader and technical expert.
- Able to communicate complex technical topics concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical people.
- Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code. You’re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.