Job ID #: 2019-03-164
Globalization Partners’ Global Expansion Platform™ enables you to hire in more than 170 countries within days, and without the need to set up costly international subsidiaries. You identify great talent anywhere in the world, and we put them on our fully compliant global payroll—lifting the burden of global corporate tax, legal, and HR matters from your shoulders to ours. Our systems are accessible at the touch of a finger via our software platform and app.
We make it easy for anyone to do business anywhere, and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
About the Position:
As a Staff Accountant in a fast-growing company, you will have an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. Different from most billing or A/R functions, our team is a critical part of core business operations.
- Apply daily cash receipts for ACH and wire clients, maintain and reconcile client database pertaining to status of open receivables
- Prepare ACH debit batch payment file for customer collections
- Prepare weekly collections summary for distribution to internal stakeholders
- Compose and distribute collections emails, for outstanding client invoices on past due accounts
- Become proficient in understanding the company’s Accounts Receivable life-cycle
- Uphold the company’s AR and collections policy, and resolve customer issues related to slow pay or non-payment of invoices through proactive communication with the Client Service team
- Process, follow-up, and resolve inbound collection and customer service inquiries from clients
- Drive high customer satisfaction and retention levels through relationship building, and professional and courteous communication
- Implement process efficiencies to drive results and reduce the aging cycle for wire paying clients
- Ensure bank account transactions are matched and reconciled in our ERP system, and complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare various weekly, monthly billing reports, and other ad-hoc projects
We are creating this company together as a team, so it is incredibly important that we have the best and brightest people all working together towards our common goals. In order to be successful in our culture, we look for the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable and successful Collection Management experience preferred
- Outstanding written, verbal and listening skills are required. The ability to understand what is communicated orally and an urgency to resolve issues quickly and appropriately is a must
- Current or previous experience working with a start-up company and love with a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and organizational skills are required. The ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects and be able to identify and work with details and ensure follow-up and completion, is a must in our fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust and understanding with both internal and external business partners
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Some experience with ERP systems, or web-based portal applications (e.g. SharePoint), is preferred
- Prioritize multiple tasks, ensure quality and completion, and meet established deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail yet also seeing *the big picture*
- Highly reliable & responsive
- Committed to great work