Reading Time: 5 minutes
Hire anyone, anywhere, quickly and easily. Use our AI-driven, automated, fully compliant global employment platform powered by our in-house worldwide HR experts. Trust the named industry leader that consistently attains 98% customer satisfaction ratings.
Global recruitment is, for many companies, a new way to thrive in an uncertain world. Before the pandemic, certainty around consistent routines and planning capacities aligned perfectly with one’s work-life expectations and goals. However, most individuals and companies today have had to adapt to a new era of work, and the importance and advantages of recruiting and hiring remote talent are paramount.
How has the business landscape changed, and how can companies keep up?
The world has dramatically transformed in the last couple of decades. One of the most important innovations, the internet, swiftly and radically changed people’s relationships with one another. Private, public, and professional spheres suddenly had a new medium to navigate. And the ability to connect in real-time across the globe — which once was thought impossible — is now opening new doors across the business world, removing the need for in-office work and physical interactions, and changing how people work.
According to the New York Times, from 2005-2012, the number of remote workers in the U.S. grew by more than 70 percent, highlighting that a new way of working and type of work culture have been emerging long before the pandemic. Today, this trend continues on an international scale, with experts expecting over 30 percent of the global workforce to be remote in 2022, up from 17 percent in 2019.According to the New York Times, from 2005-2012, the number of remote workers in the U.S. grew by more than 70 percent, highlighting that a new way of working and type of work culture have been emerging long before the pandemic. Today,… Click To Tweet
This combination of having the medium (the internet), user-friendly apps and programs that facilitate real-time communication built on top of it, and the need to adapt (the pandemic) steered some of the largest companies in the world to remote-first and hybrid models.
Although the changes in the last couple of years are incommensurable, these are some of the patterns companies worldwide experienced:
- Many executives changed their geographic location to spend more time with their families, access green spaces, and avoid catching the virus.
- Centralized office-based management evolved to decentralized work management processes.
- Asynchronous communication and work processes gained relevance with the rise of remote work.
- Managers came to understand that output-based work is effective, allows companies to keep growing, and is simpler to measure in a remote reality.
- As a consequence of the shift to remote work, many companies have adopted an international hiring strategy to access untapped talent unavailable locally.
In a world where the nature of work is changing so fast, the benefits of global recruitment are crucial for all companies that want to keep on growing.In a world where the nature of work is changing so fast, the benefits of global recruitment are crucial for all companies that want to keep on growing. Click To Tweet
Benefits of global recruitment
Many companies have yet to realize the benefits and potential of global recruitment. However, although it can be challenging at first, tapping into international talent pools delivers value to your company in several ways, including:
- Affordability: Standard costs of living vary dramatically depending on location. Recruiting in places where living is less expensive allows companies to reduce spending while offering competitive benefits.
- Access to talent: Companies are no longer limited to hiring in one geographical location. Instead, they can hire people from anywhere in world who are excited to join their company. Recruitment strategies and processes must be agile and straightforward to guarantee successful acquisition of top talent. The demand for global talent is rising and moving fast is part of the equation.
- Improved team wellness: Virtual economies and the virtualization of work allows individuals to find better jobs, regardless of their location. The ability to live close to family members, for example, also has a social impact on each team member, irrespective of their location, allowing them to improve their lives and gain experience in international companies. Beyond their individual benefits, companies also benefit tremendously from having happier employees that are more productive and engaged.
- Cultural diversity: Your company will naturally enrich its culture by adding team members from several locations and cultural backgrounds. When individuals are able to share their opinions with teammates with different customs, diversity, empathy, and kindness begin to shape the work culture. In other words, in the age of global remote work, having a truly diverse workforce benefits your organization and drives innovation.
What to keep in mind before choosing a global employment platform
A global employment platform accelerates time to revenue by simplifying and automating key tasks in the recruitment and hiring processes, from entity access and payroll setup, to employee status changes and locally compliant contract generation. Companies aiming to build global teams quickly and efficiently must be ready to take their recruitment strategies across borders with the right global employment platform to remain successful and competitive. However, companies must be aware of a few crucial components when choosing a global employment platform.
- Compliance: While global recruiting and hiring can be quite beneficial for employees and employers alike, it simultaneously presents a challenging compliance scenario for companies, often leading to legal issues. The platform that companies choose should be equipped to enable fully compliant contract generation, payroll setup, benefits package creation, and more — all in accordance with country-specific laws. Having a partner with local legal experts who understand crucial components like the country’s tax laws will also help to ensure 100 percent compliance and avoid hefty fines and penalties.
- Hidden third-party costs: Some players in the recruiting and hiring space promote value propositions that claim you can try their services for free or aren’t transparent about costs. Although it sounds fantastic at first, the hidden costs of partnering with a platform that involves working with third parties can be more damaging than beneficial. Imagine being unable to find suitable candidates in a reasonable time or finding potential workers with forged credentials — and having to go through an unresponsive middleman for help. And, beyond recruiting, imagine a scenario in which delayed payments are common, contracts are noncompliant, and lawsuits start to roll in. Asking for full transparency from your potential partner will ensure there are no unwelcome surprises down the road.
- End-to-end experience: Outsourcing various HR processes can be costly, time-consuming, and cause inconsistencies that impact company success. Ideally, the right partner will allow you to go from the beginning of the process (recruiting, vetting, selecting, and hiring talent) to running a global workforce without any friction — all through one platform.
Introducing G-P Recruit
Without a successful talent acquisition strategy, companies will run into roadblocks throughout the rest of the hiring process. G-P Recruit enables companies to quickly identify and hire new team members anywhere in the world through Globalization Partners’ market-leading global employment platform. Companies can access an unrivaled selection of recruiting specialists to find the perfect talent based on their unique requirements, including industry, location, prior roles, and more. What else can companies expect from G-P Recruit?
- Simplicity: A unified user experience within G-P Recruit regardless of where in the world the customer is recruiting … from Sydney to San Diego.
- Integration: Recruitment partners are fully integrated into the G-P Recruit service and processes.
- Efficiency: Overcome time zone challenges by using self-service to work asynchronously through the G-P Recruit experience with recruitment partners anywhere.
- Speed: Move the preferred candidate from recruitment to contracting and onboarding with the click of a button.
- End-to-end processes: G-P Recruit provides companies with a competitive advantage through a unified customer experience. Organizations can now easily manage their entire HR process, from recruitment and onboarding to compliant payroll setup and offboarding — all with one self-service experience.
Want to learn more about G-P Recruit – Contact us here.