Tech entrepreneurs, a recent Olympics, hard-working people, and some of the best engineers in the world…. political posturing aside, American companies continue hiring engineers in Russia. Because the country is a former communist state, the legacy of paperwork dominates its legal system today, making Russia a very complex country in which to hire. It’s a tough location full of red tape, but luckily, our Global Employee Leasing platform makes it easy to hire in Russia. Top facts to know before you go:
• Employer’s taxes can be estimated at 17-30% for statutory benefits
• Vacation Time: 28 calendar days of vacation time is the norm for all employees in Russia
• Termination: employees in Russia carry an “employment record book” with them in which their entire career is legally documented. Besides it being almost impossible to terminate an employee for legal reasons, doing so would follow an employee throughout their career, and is not done without cause. A voluntary resignation can typically be negotiated with an employee, in which case, approximately 3 months’ severance is paid out.
• Paperwork: Every detail of an employee’s job, vacation, benefits, and other matters must be detailed and recorded in minute detail, in a format prescribed by the Russian authorities. One benefit of working with Globalization Partners? Since we’re the employer of record, we do the paperwork for you.
• Legal issues: an employee who believes he or she has been treated unfairly is easily able to take their case to a labor court free of charge, in which case, the court usually finds in favor of the employee. Our Global Employee Leasing Platform in Russia is highly valuable to our clients because we are on your side.