Kyrgyzstan, officially known as the Kyrgyz Republic, is a small, landlocked country in central Asia known for its mountainous terrain and history as a stop on the trade route. Today, the country is home to more than 6 million people who speak Kyrgyz and Russian. If your company is considering an expansion to the country, you have many factors to consider, including your payroll.
Countries usually cannot set up their Kyrgyz Republic payroll until they have a registered entity in the country. After months of working on your expansion and officially incorporating, you can start to consider your different Kyrgyz Republic payroll options. However, Globalization Partners offers the one option that will outsource both your payroll and your compliance, save you stress, and help you start working faster.
Taxation Rules in the Kyrgyz Republic
Both employers and employees contribute 10% of their wages to social security, but employers have additional requirements to meet. As an employer, you must contribute a total of 17.25% of wages to the following funds:
- 15% to the pension fund
- 2% to the compulsory social security fund
- 0.25% to the healthcare fund
Kyrgyz Republic Payroll Options
The Kyrgyz Republic has several different payroll options for companies who want to expand, including:
- Internal: Depending on the size of your subsidiary, you may choose to create an internal payroll. Keep in mind, however, that this option usually works only for larger subsidiaries with a commitment to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Remote: Remote payrolls are used when your subsidiary adds your employees to the parent company’s payroll. While this setup can streamline the process, it can also make things more complicated because every employee from a different country has separate compliance laws.
- Kyrgyz Republic payroll processing company: Outsourcing with a Kyrgyz Republic payroll processing company will ensure your payroll gets taken care of, but your company will still have to worry about meeting the country’s compliance laws.
- Kyrgyz Republic payroll outsourcing: Finally, you can opt for Kyrgyz Republic payroll outsourcing with a global PEO such as Globalization Partners. We’ll add your employees to our compliant payroll. As a result, you’ll truly have nothing to worry about.
Requirements for Establishing Payroll in the Kyrgyz Republic
Before setting up your Kyrgyz Republic payroll, you’ll have to create a subsidiary in the country. Unfortunately, doing so can set you back anywhere from a few weeks to a few months and keep you from hiring employees and giving out benefits and compensation.
Choosing Globalization Partners will help you start working faster. You can use our established Kyrgyz Republic PEO to hire employees and add them to payroll. We’ll shoulder all compliance and manage the risk so that you can exclusively manage your business.
Entitlement and Termination Terms for Kyrgyz Republic Payroll
One of the most difficult aspects of employment compliance in a new country is terminating an employment contract. Locking in entitlement and termination terms as part of an employment contract can help prevent misunderstandings between you and the employee. In the Kyrgyz Republic, you can use probationary periods up to three months for regular employees and up to six months for managerial positions. Written notice depends on the cause for termination, and employees are generally entitled to severance pay.
Contact Globalization Partners for More Information
If you’re ready to grow your company across the globe, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about Kyrgyz Republic payroll outsourcing.