G-P Logo
Request a proposal

ZwZimbabwe Visas
& Permits.










Country Capital



Zimbabwean dollar (ZWL)

In an increasingly global economy, more and more companies are searching for opportunities to expand internationally. The Republic of Zimbabwe has plenty to offer to expatriates as well as businesses. Even so, expanding operations there can be as challenging as it is exciting for your company. You’ll probably want to relocate a team of your most talented employees to ensure a smooth transition, but they’ll need Zimbabwean work permits and visas, and it’s up to you as the employer to help your staff obtain them.


Table of Contents

Types of Work Visas in Zimbabwe

Most foreign nationals will need a visa to visit Zimbabwe. As far as entry requirements are concerned, the country divides foreign nationals into three distinct categories:

  • Category A: This category includes nationals of countries that do not require a visa to travel to Zimbabwe.
  • Category B: This category applies to foreign nationals from a selection of countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and many nations that are member states of the European Union (EU). Category B nationals can get a visa on arrival at the airport in Zimbabwe.
  • Category C: Category C includes nationals of India, Pakistan, and several EU member states, along with a number of other countries. These individuals will need to obtain a visa before traveling to Zimbabwe, unlike those in Category B.

A variety of visas are available to foreign nationals who plan to travel to Zimbabwe. Some of the most commonly issued visas are tourist visas and short-term business visas. In addition to those, Zimbabwe issues work permits for foreign employees. Work permits are available for several categories of expatriates, including:

  • Journalists
  • Professionals with specialized skills that are not common in Zimbabwe
  • Foreign researchers with clearances from the Research Council of Zimbabwe
  • Short-term employees on six-month contracts with local businesses

Requirements to Obtain Zimbabwe Work Visas

Visa requirements can vary from one embassy to the next, but applicants can expect to provide a passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages. They’re also likely to need a certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.

To obtain a temporary employment permit, applicants will need to provide the following:

  • A letter containing a job offer from a Zimbabwean company
  • Proof of the applicant’s qualifications for the position, including prior work experience
  • Two passport photos
  • A birth certificate and marriage certificate, if applicable
  • Payment of the application fee

Application Process

Foreign nationals who need a visa to travel to Zimbabwe can apply at their nearest embassy or online through the Department of Immigration’s eVisa system.

The Zimbabwean immigration system combines the application for a temporary employment permit with the one for a residence permit. The employer is responsible for initiating the application process for these permits on behalf of any foreign employees. The general steps of the process are as follows:

  • The employee sends the necessary supporting documents to the employer.
  • The employer submits the work permit application to the relevant officials in Zimbabwe.
  • Upon approval, the employee can travel to Zimbabwe and begin working.

Other Important Considerations

Foreign employees who wish to travel to Zimbabwe with family members can do so. However, additional requirements, such as marriage and birth certificates, may apply.

Partner With G-P

At G-P, we don’t look at borders as boundaries — and we don’t think your business should either. We have subsidiaries in Zimbabwe and more than 187 other countries around the world, and our team will work hard to ensure that your international expansion is as smooth and efficient as possible. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you employ top talent in Zimbabwe and beyond.


THIS CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE. You should always consult with and rely on your own legal and/or tax advisor(s). G-P does not provide legal or tax advice. The information is general and not tailored to a specific company or workforce and does not reflect G-P’s product delivery in any given jurisdiction. G-P makes no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information and shall have no liability arising out of or in connection with it, including any loss caused by use of, or reliance on, the information.

Expand in

Book a demo
Share This Guide